02/17/16 – State Wrestling Notes and General Information
Coaches, fans and administrators should review the bullet points below to familiarize themselves with pertinent information for this year’s event:
- The KWOA and KWCA Hall of Fame Presentations will begin at 5:30 p.m. Saturday
- The Medal Round and Championship Awards Session is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. For each weight class during the Medal Round, the consolation bracket final bouts for third, fifth and seventh place will be contested simultaneously, followed by the championship bracket match and the awards presentation for that class. Team trophy presentations will take place following the awards for the 285 lb. weight class.
- This year the KHP has asked the schools that are transporting students via buses and vans to enter through the “Campground entrance”. A map of the Kentucky Horse Park can be viewed through this link: http://khsaa.org/wrestling/wrmap.pdf
- The General public will enter through the main gate and be required to pay $5.00 for a day parking pass.
- Parking, like concessions, is under the control of the venue, in this case, the Kentucky Horse Park, which retains the proceeds. The KHSAA receipts are solely from ticket sales, sponsorships (which are minimal for wrestling) and event novelties at this and all events and fund year-round operations in all sports and activities without any tax dollars.
- We are thankful the parking charge is minimal compared to that which is charged at basketball (anywhere from $10 to $15 per game, per spot) and football ($10 per game), but are very thankful we are able to hold events at venues large enough and nice enough to accommodate all interested patrons.
- A complete list of printable brackets for the 2016 KHSAA State Wrestling Championships can be found at: http://khsaa.org/wrestling/2016/wrbrackets.pdf
- Live scoring for the event is available at: http://khsaa.org/2016-state-wrestling-complete-bracket-pairings-results/
- The championship program can be viewed at: http://khsaa.org/Publications/Programs/20152016/Wrestling/issue1/index.html
– KHSAA –
The KHSAA staff routinely publishes blog posts to better communicate with its various constituencies and the public. For a list of those blogs, go to http://khsaa.org/news-stats-pubs/sports-blogs/
Follow these topics: Wrestling Blog Updates