The mandatory Online KHSAA Rules Clinic for the sport of Golf is available beginning August 1. The clinic is required for all head and assistant coaches.
- August 1 to August 15 – the Golf Clinic will be online only and may be viewed at no charge during this period.
- August 16 to September 11 – the Golf Clinic will be online only and may be viewed for the makeup fee ($100) during this period.
- September 12 to September 25 – the Golf Clinic will be online only and may be viewed for the makeup fee ($200) per the Bylaw 27 schedule during this period. After this time, postseason penalties per Bylaw 27 will apply.
The presentation can be viewed on most PC or Mac desktops and laptops, along with many HTML5 enabled mobile devices and tablets (to view system requirements click on the Resources tab from within the clinic once the clinic has […]
This is a reminder to all administrators and coaches concerning Bylaw 23, Limitation of Seasons. KHSAA staff members have received several inquiries about permitted activity, specifically concerning fall sports and practice/tryouts for the fall. The same principle and rule would apply to any “tryout” in any sport or sport-activity that is not held during the period defined by Bylaw 23.
The first official tryout/practice date for 2016 football is July 10. For the other fall sports/sport-activities (Soccer, Golf, Field Hockey, Volleyball, Cross Country, Competitive Cheer), the first official practice date is July 15. Only after these dates can anything mandatory be required of team members or potential team members.
Until the day following the last day of school or May 31 (whichever is earliest), coaches are permitted to provide instruction and be involved with team members (provided such is approved by the principal), but continue to be restricted in “competitive” situations with other schools unless they are […]
- On the school’s login menu (http://schools.khsaa.org/), click on the link that says maintain specific team roster.
- Select the green box for the varsity team, and you will see the current roster of the varsity displayed.
- At the top or bottom of that listing, click on assign/unassign players.
- DO NOT ADD ATHLETES TO THE VARSITY COLUMN AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON.
- At the top of the roster column (under level) will be a link to initialize your postseason roster. Clicking on this link […]
Pairings and Tee Times for day two of the 2015 Leachman Buick•GMC•Cadillac/KHSAA Girls’ Golf Championship have now been set. You can view these by clicking on the following link:
Pairings and Tee Times for day two of the 2015 Leachman Buick•GMC•Cadillac/KHSAA Boys’ Golf Championships have now been set. You can view these by clicking on the following link:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 1, 2015
The first state championships of the 2015-16 season will be contested next week with the 2015 Leachman Buick•GMC•Cadillac/KHSAA Boys’ and Girls’ Golf Championships at the Bowling Green Country Club. The boys’ golf championship opens the week with a practice round on Monday, Oct. 5th and 18 holes of competition on both Tuesday, Oct. 6th and Wednesday, Oct. 7th. The girls’ championship begins with a practice round on Thursday, Oct. 8th, followed by first round action on Friday, Oct. 9th and the final round on Saturday, Oct. 10th.
First round tee times and pairings for the boys’ and girls’ championships are available at the following links:
A complete list of top qualifiers from the regional tournaments can be found on the golf homepage at KHSAA.org, which will have live scoring available throughout the competition.
On the boys’ […]
Pairings and Tee Times for the Leachman Buick●GMC●Cadillac/KHSAA State Golf Championships are now posted. You can access this information by going to the following links:
For complete boys coverage and results, CLICK HERE
For complete girls coverage and results, CLICK HERE
For first round boys’ tee times, CLICK HERE
For first round girls’ tee times, CLICK HERE
Riherds.com, a Kentucky-based company headquartered in Smiths Grove specializing in trophies, awards, name tags and signs, will provide the “Above and Beyond” award at each KHSAA state championship event for 2015-16. Riherds.com is proud to be the Official Supplier of Trophies and Awards to the Kentucky High School Athletic Association.
The award is given to a participant at each KHSAA championship event and will be awarded from the pool of candidates nominated by participating school representatives. The award is based on five attributes: Citizenship, Leadership, Athletics, Sportsmanship and Scholarship.
Nominated students should exemplify these five attributes by:
- Playing the game/competition by the rules.
- Treating game officials, coaches and competitors with due respect as fellow human beings.
- Taking victory and defeat without undue emotionalism.
- Controlling of tempers at all times on and off the playing field.
- Being positive with officials, coaches and competitors, without criticism for things that occur during the contest.
- Cooperating with the coaches, officials and fellow players in trying to promote good sportsmanship.
- Being […]
The KHSAA’s online media credentialing system for the Fall Sports Championships is now live. Media members can visit credentials.khsaa.org to apply for credentials online.
Credentials to each KHSAA state championship event are issued by the KHSAA to working members of the media that regularly cover high school athletics. Credentials must be requested prior to the established deadline for each sport through the online credentialing system (credentials.khsaa.org).
Credentials should be requested by the sports editor/director for all members of his/her organization needing to attend an event. Credentials for freelance photographers and stringers must be requested by the sports editor/director at the outlet the freelancer will be representing. No credentials will be issued outside of the online credentialing system. The KHSAA reserves the right to limit the quantity of credentials issued to media outlets when space is at a premium.
Failure to adhere to the KHSAA policies and guidelines, as well as unauthorized use of the media credential, […]
Instructions for the Leachman Buick-GMC-Cadillac/KHSAA State Golf Tournament are now posted on the KHSAA website. You can view these instructions by clicking on the follow link:
Instructions for the KHSAA Regional Golf Tournaments are now posted on the KHSAA website. You can view these instructions by clicking on the following link:
This notice is being sent to all member schools and specific licensed officials.
While we have been blessed with a relatively cool summer, such is likely not to be the case this weekend and early next week. Keep in mind that the Heat Index regulations are always in place, with mandatory recording of temperatures and humidities to determine if any activity needs to change. The quick reference chart is located at http://khsaa.org/sportsmedicine/heat/heatindexchartcolor.pdf but schools as always are responsible for complete policy adherence, not just what is on the chart.
For Field Hockey, Soccer, Cross Country, Golf and even Volleyball (if played in a facility without air conditioning), all play must be suspended when the Heat Index reaches 104 degress. When the heat index is above 99, mandatory water breaks every 30 minutes for at least 10 minutes in duration are required, along with all other stipulations in the heat index guidelines.
For Football, the threshold temperature for […]
The mandatory Online KHSAA Rules Clinic for the sport of Golf is available beginning today, August 10. Below is additional information:
- August 10 to September 7 (Coaches) – the Golf Clinic will be online only and may be viewed at no charge during this period.
- September 8 to September 21 (Coaches) – the Golf Clinic will be online only and may be viewed for the makeup fee ($100) during this period.
- September 22 to September 27 (Coaches) – the Golf Clinic will be online only and may be viewed for the makeup fee ($200) per the Bylaw 27 schedule during this period. After this time, postseason penalties per Bylaw 27 will apply.
The presentation can be viewed on most PC or Mac desktops and laptops, along with many HTML5 enabled mobile devices and tablets (to view system requirements click on the Resources tab from within the clinic once the clinic has started).
Once you advance to the last […]
01/14/15 – First Basketball Statistical Leader Reports Released; NFHS Names Mueller, Bender National Coaches of the Year
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 14, 2015
First Weekly Basketball Statistical Leader Reports Now Available
The initial weekly statistical leader reports for boys’ and girls’ basketball have been posted to KHSAA.org. Statistics are compiled weekly throughout the regular season and will be posted to the KHSAA website every Wednesday.
As a reminder, member schools are solely responsible for submitting statistical information. If a school or individual is omitted, or information is not updated, that means the team in question did not update its statistics through the KHSAA’s online system prior to the deadline.
Beginning with 2014-2015, as contained in Bylaw 27, the requirements to enter and maintain rosters, schedules and statistics will be enforced more rigorously by the KHSAA. This enforcement will subject the member schools to penalties by the Commissioner, including fines and other actions, within the constraints of Bylaw 27.
The statistical leader reports can be found through the links below: