09/30/16- KABC/KHSBHOF/KHSAA Seeks Entrants in Logo Contest to Celebrate Centennial
Calling all basketball fans!
The Kentucky Association of Basketball Coaches and Kentucky High School Basketball Hall of Fame is looking for a new logo to celebrate the Centennial of Kentucky’s great sport, basketball and needs your help! We are seeking member school students who can design a creative, innovative and professional logo design. The logo should be recognizable and help promote the celebration of this great sport. The rest is up to you!
The slogan for the Centennial Celebration is “The State of Basketball”. Submitters should consider this adopted slogan as they develop a vision for their designs.
Please read below for more details regarding logo design, contest rules & submission requirements. You can enter the contest at http://khsaa.org/kabckhsbhofkhsaa-basketball-centennial-logo-design-entry/
How to Enter the Contest
- The contest begins on October 1, 2016.
- Submissions will be accepted through November 14, 2016. DEADLINE EXTENDED TO NOVEMBER 22!
- Winners will be announced in via the KABC, KHSBHOF and KHSAA.
- The winner will be contacted through the registered email account.
- In order for your entry to be submitted and reviewed by our judges, all entries must be submitted:
- Submitted electronically through the KHSAA website at http://khsaa.org/kabckhsbhofkhsaa-basketball-centennial-logo-design-entry/
- Submitted in their original source file in electronic file type and
- Submitted as a high resolution .pdf with 300 dpi or higher.
- Professional: This logo may be featured on our website, our social media platforms and other mediums (stationary, pamphlets, t-shirts etc). As a result, while we want the logo to be eye-catching, it must still be legible.
- Theme: Logo must promote the Kentucky High School Basketball Centennial Celebration, a year-long celebration of Kentucky’s original high school championship sport beginning with the 2017 Boys’ Sweet Sixteen® and culminating with the 2018 Boys’ Sweet Sixteen®
- Design should be universal in theme, and not school or region specific.
- Color: There are no limitations and any colors may be used. However, the logo must produce well in both color (if any) or black and white and must be easily reproducible and scalable for large and small formatting.
- Integrity: Logos cannot contain copyrighted or trademarked material.
- Logos must have been created and edited by the contestant(s). .
- Winners will be selected by the Centennial Committee
- Contestants agree that KABC, KHSBHOF and KHSAA may publish their logo and name(s) and may use both for advertising campaigns and/or marketing materials in the future.
- The logo will become the property of the KABC, KHSBHOF and the KHSAA and will be used in a variety of mediums and for a variety of purposes between November, 2016, and June, 2018.
- Contestants assign all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights to the logo, to the KABC, KHSBHOF and the KHSAA. Additionally, KABC, KHSBHOF and KHSAA may alter, modify or revise the logo as necessary.
- Contestants agree that the logo and the successful contestant’s name may be published in advertising campaigns and/or marketing materials in the future and promotional and commemorative material.
Prize – The contest winner will receive the choice of:
- Two tickets to the winner’s choice of the 2017 Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Boys’ State Basketball Tournament along with housing for Wednesday through Sunday;
- 2017 St. Elizabeth Healthcare/KHSAA Girls’ State Basketball tournament along with housing for Wednesday through Sunday;
- 2018 Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Boys’ State Basketball Tournament along with housing for Wednesday through Sunday;
- 2018 KHSAA Girls’ State Basketball tournament, along with housing for Wednesday through Sunday; or
- A cash prize of $250.00
Follow these topics: Basketball Blog Updates